Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

We had a good Father's Day weekend with family. My stepbrother, Jacob, and his wife Annie came into town from Fayetteville, AR and brought along Grandma Lois and cousin Alex. We went over to my mom's house to visit everyone on Saturday and were going to cook out. Jimmy even got a new grill set from my sister. We were have technical difficulties and the gas wasn't working so we ended up ordering some Spring Creek BBQ (always a hit) and since those Arkansans hadn't had the pleasure of tasting the heaven that is Spring Creek, we were more than happy to introduce them to it. Yum! After we ate we had a night of Guitar Hero and Mario Cart. Here are some funny pics of everyone super into the festivities. Haha!



The whole gang!



Shawn, Bethany, and Alex with Mario cart



Jacob




Michael patiently waiting his turn





Even Jimmy and Grandma Lois were into it!



My mom and Jimmy laying out the spread.



Bethany and Shawn's adorable dog, Layla getting a little forbidden treat!


(This was actually done in secret, Bethany will die when she sees this!)



So after a fun night of Wii, we had church the next morning so we headed home. It was our day to bring breakfast to BFG and we are not early risers. We were not going to get out the door by the original time we had decided on so we ran frantically to the closest donut shop across from our house and ran frantically to church. Michael dropped me off at the door so he could park and I could run the donuts up to class and I ran up and...nothing. The door was closed, the lights were off... Was I in the wrong place? So I called Lori and asked if we were having class in the same place and she said yes that I was just early...whew after all that we beat everyone there. That never happens. After church we went to Bedford to meet Michael's brother, Marcus and his wife Stephanie and their 3 girls and Michael's dad for lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings. Then we went back to Mom and Jimmy's house to see off our Arkansas family. Then the boys went to the PGA superstore and the girls had a nice afternoon of mani/pedis. We had a really good weekend and were really glad to see some of our Arkansas fam!



Here is my belly picture for week 23:


1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet him. Your mom has some catching up to do in the grandchild department. I have 6!!!
    Love, Great Aunt Debbie Whiles

    ReplyDelete