Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend Warriors

We have officially started our first construction project on our house. With the baby coming soon, I have been cleaning out the closet in his room. It has been a huge storage closet for us and now that we don't have a place to throw all of our junk, I knew we needed to find more storage. We had been talking about building a closet in the space under our stairs. It is beyond me why the builders decided to drywall over all this precious storage space! So Saturday afternoon my mom and Jimmy (my stepdad) came over to start this weekend warrior project. We spent most of our day in Lowe's trying to solve the delima of the short door. So after we decided that having a custom door built for a closet was a ridiculious idea (and would take more time), we decided to cut the door off at the bottom to fit. Makes sense, although, the doorknob is 4 inches shorter than the rest of the doorknobs in the house. Oh well, it really was the best solution. Michael and our friend Nicky had both arrived to help Jimmy (b/c he really was the only one doing anything...I play the pregnancy card more than I should). It was a sight to see 3 grown men trying to get this door in and making it square at that! They did such a great job! I am so proud of those sweet boys and so greatful that they built me a closet even though I didn't help. I am posting pictures of the door where there was only drywall before and the bare bones of the closet. Now all we need is molding, paint, drywall, and carpet...so much for weekend warriors, this is going to take forever! My dad is coming over on Wednesday to help Michael hang drywall. I'll keep you posted.


How professional!

Look at that gorgeous storage!!

And the door opens beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment