Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Paint...check!


This weekend my goal was to tackle painting Cohen's room and while we had the brushes out I figured we would paint the entryway as well. We had a long day of working and a wedding to attend (in Denton by the way...ugg) so Saturday was out as far as getting anything accomplished goes. We went ahead and bought the paint supplies we would need that night so we could have everything ready when people arrived to partake in the paint party. We didn't actually buy the paint though since we were unsure of what exactly to buy so inevitably we had to go again on Sunday morning anyway. We did pick out colors so it wasn't a complete waste. Everyone came to help so we were sure it wouldn't take that long to get everything done...6 people and at least 8 hours later we were done. It looks so good if I do say so myself! Oh by the way Michael cooked everyone a lovely and delicious dinner while we worked on the paint (he had been previously banned for not being as anal...errr...I mean particular as I would have liked.) My next project, in between finishing up previous unfinished projects is to reorganize the kitchen, pantry, and laundry room as well as redo a lamp!


I love this color! It was a putrid yellow when we moved in 2 years ago but it was something I decided I could live with for a while (there were more urgent matters to attend to such as borders in the kitchen and bathroom and an awful blue denim room). I actually had no idea I truly hated it as much as I did until we painted it. I could cry it looks so much better. It actually feels like our home now.

I have to say though, that yellow sure was hard to paint over! It took 2 coats of a very thick paint. Bethany and Shawn kept calling it yogurt.

I am so excited Cohen's room is finally painted!! I love how good the colors came out. Mind you it was a hunter green before (also a little treat from the previous owners, but it was our "office" so we didn't care enough to paint it) which was also fun to paint over 15 times. I had nothing to do with this room, but my dad and my sister both rocked out the freehand and did all the trim work with no taping...impressive!

Thanks Bethany (and Shawn) for staying after 9 to paint the final trim coats since I couldn't get up on the ladder to do it myself.

That wall is actually navy if you can't tell from the pictures. We are going to paint stripes on it next (hopefully next weekend). The stripes will be the same color of navy but will be a matte finish. I hope it will be a subtle effect, but not invisible. I will try to post pictures of that when we get it done, if they show up. Keep your fingers crossed!

Week 26

No comments:

Post a Comment